Sunday, August 18, 2013

1 Year Anniversary!


Happy 1 year anniversary to my best friend, lover, husband, and baby daddy!!

Since I’ve had a bit of a rough pregnancy, we decided it would be wise to forego going away for our anniversary.  Instead, my charming, amazing husband planned an all-day date for us!  He told me in the morning to dress nicely, as if for church.  I’d been in the dark about our plans, and trying so, so hard not to pry details out of him.  This was my first exciting clue!!

We drove north and I was trying to run through the places we might go from I-5 North…Mt. Vernon where we had one of our first dates? Bellingham (he knows I love it up there!)? Ahhh, Seattle. We pulled into Seattle and I began to notice that the Space Needle, which was flitting in and out of view between the buildings, seemed to be growing steadily closer.  Sure enough he’d made us brunch reservations.  We could not have asked for a more beautiful Seattle day!






We ate (and ate and ate!) a beautiful, gourmet, three course brunch.  It was some of the most amazing food I’ve ever tasted.  I told him at the end of it, in my most Brian Coury-esque voice “That was the best brunch EVER!!!”  It was true, and he agreed. 








Fully satisfied from brunch we headed down to walk along the water and take in the views we’d seen from a distance up close. 


Enter Hempfest.

Okay, change of plans! We were not up for walking through the now-legal marijuana-mania, so we redirected our course to Alki, where we took a long stroll along the beach, dipping our toes in the water as we watched boats sail by.  Did I mention it was a perfect day? 

All that food and walking (whilst growing a little person) fully exhausted me, so we headed home for delicious Sunday naps, followed by pool time.  We capped the night by snuggling up on the couch to watch a movie.

A perfect day for our first anniversary! I cannot believe it’s already been a year.  It’s been a full year, a good year, and a sanctifying and unifying year.  I pray that each year we can say the same as we take the day to celebrate the living out of our vows.  We both agreed over brunch that a year in we have no regrets, and could not have faced the year alone as well as we did together.  Thank you, Jesus!



No comments:

Post a Comment