Monday, August 18, 2014

Two Years a Married Lady!

Today marks the two year anniversary of marrying the best guy on the planet: Isaac Michael McPhee. 

Best day of my life! 
I can say without hesitation or reservation that these have been the best two years of my life!  Our dating engagement were a whirlwind, and I know some probably thought we were unwise at best, crazy at worst for getting married a mere seven months after we met, and 6 months after we started dating.  Two years later I can say with absolute certainty that I would do it all again!  The only regret I would have is that I wouldn't already have had these two years with my amazing husband.  

Why wait? Pregnant in the first year! 
We've been through a lot in our marriage (and engagement), and I know that it was God's timing that brought us together when He did.  We needed one another.  I needed him.  I need him.  God is sufficient in all time and in all things, but it sure is nice to have a husband to hold me when life is rocky.  We've had the highest joys, namely in the birth of our beautiful little girl, Lucy Margaret.  We've suffered the ultimate lows in losing my father before any of us were ready...  In these events and the ones in between Isaac has been a rock for me.  He's celebrated with me, wept with me, and reminded me of who is in control of our lives when it feels like everything is chaos.  

He's a crazy daddy! 
Best daddy ever!
 

It's been a beautiful two years, and I look forward to many decades more of adventures with Isaac as we navigate parenthood, marriage, and everything else God puts in our path! 

I love you, Isaac! 

Celebrating a friend's wedding and remembering our vows!









No comments:

Post a Comment