Friday, December 4, 2015

My girl is growing up!

I gave Lucy her second ever haircut (first one by me), and boy was that terrifying!  I made it through, though, and it looks pretty cute if I do say so myself.


I took about an inch off the back while Lucy watched Handel's "Hallelujah Chorus" on a loop and ate raisins.   

I can't believe this little beauty is going to be TWO in a matter of weeks! 
This is how 99% of the pictures we take of Lucy turn out (if they're not also blurry)
Her hair actually IS straight across the back, it's just curling up crazily 
Look at the concentration! She loves to build with blocks


Later we went to see daddy at work (at McClendon's):
Lucy: "Oh noooooo!"
I turn around and she's grabbing the front of her pants, looking panicked.
Me: "What's wrong?"
Lucy: "PEE PEEEEEESSSS!"
Me: "It's okay to go in your diaper. Let your pee pees out"

Then we get home and walking into the house:
Lucy: "PEE PEES! PEE PEES!"

Someone is ready to potty train NOW and mama just wants to make it through Christmas first...  *sigh* Praying I don't miss the window! Lucy


Earlier this week we were working on counting, and this is how she responded to each finger I held up:

1: "One"
2: "Two"
3: "Free"
4: "Fiii" (five)
Me: "No, try again, what comes after three?"
4: "Fiii" -- as she pulls my thumb out straight and then grins. "Fiii"
I have to give her credit -- she made it five.   After all, who needs four?

No comments:

Post a Comment