Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Lucy Lately

"I had a dream that daddy attacked me in the kitchen. It was a bad dream."

"I had two dreams last night. But I won't tell you the other one right now. It was spooky."

It was a dinosaur and it was big and real and stomping everything.

Later that morning:

Hey daddy.... I had a dream that daddy attacked me in the kitchen. But I love that monster!"

Me: "Lucy, you must be the slowest person to ever get buckled in [to your carseat]"
Lucy, cheerfully: "Well, life goes on."
I about died. No more frustration here!

Lucy, looking at Nana warily as she coughs (and coughs and coughs): "Nana, cough medicine works really great. It makes my coughs all better. Orange juice helps too." -- She's never HAD cough medicine...

From the other room, and entirely to herself (or perhaps her brother): "I have different strategy"

"Imaginating"

No comments:

Post a Comment