Friday, April 13, 2018

Lucy and Malcolm Lately

Isaac and Lucy are in the yard; Isaac is working, Lucy is playing. 
Daddy: "I need to build you a treehouse, Lucy"
Lucy:  "Yeah. And I will live in it. When I am eleven, like Ava, I will live in it so I don't get in trouble." 


"Oh, when Uncle Seth gets here to build Nana's shed, he can just build me a playhouse first. I mean, a play CASTLE." 
Me: "Oh, I think Uncle Seth will only have time for one project while he's here."
Lucy: "But first he has to visit with us because I miss him." 


Lucy, on having a stuffed nose: "Mama, my nose forgot to wake up this morning."


Malcolm is fussing at me, while I ignore him. 
Lucy, leans in and in a whisper says, "Ohh, he wants S-U-T-E." ....
30 seconds pass by...
Lucy: "What does S-U-T-E spell?"


"Mama, can we just sell Malcolm for $40? I don't need him any more" (Uh, NO.)


Malcolm, meanwhile continues to ignore all my attempts to get him to speak (he says four words consistently and occasionally throws in a new one, usually never to be heard again). He is very interested in signing, though, and has been putting together 2-3 signs to form "sentences" of a sort. He likes to tell me everything that Lucy is doing, especially. "Lucy, all done, eat" is one of his favorite sentences. He's quite proud when we decipher what he's telling us. 

His four consistent words: Mama, Dada, Nana, and "hi" which sometimes means hi, sometimes bye, and usually just short for HIDE. (He loves hide and seek). 

Malcolm's favorite activities right now include: brushing his teeth, digging in the dirt, throwing the ball, being a monster, and helping with small jobs. Oh, and pushing Lucy's buttons. That's possibly his favorite pastime aside from teeth-brushing. He loooooves to brush his teeth.  Still no canines to speak of, though he's been teething for months now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment