Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The Baby Shower that Wasn't

Yep, from the title of the post, you might know that my baby shower was cancelled. It was a bit of a sad day for me.  When we planned it, neither my wonderful friend and hostess, Brook, nor I took into consideration that it fell smack in the middle of a three-day weekend.  Oops!  Everyone was either traveling or home with sick kiddos.

But she and Logan (and Lindy June) still made us feel so very loved with a special visit that afternoon, and a sweet gift of a high chair! It's already set up and makes me smile every time I see it!  It reminds me of what's to come, and also of the love and fellowship we have with one of our most favorite couples.

Also, special thanks to Kelly who, though unable to come to my shower (it was also her nephew's birthday), made me a beautiful and delicious cake! It was almost too pretty to cut into -- almost!!



We ended up eating about a quarter of it, and then serendipity! We were set to bring the meal to our Missional Community group (Church community group) that week, so we were able to sugar up all our new friends' kids (you're welcome).  :) So, Kelly, if you're reading this, the cake was very much enjoyed by all! :) Thank you!! 

1 comment:

  1. Aw ... SAD but what beautiful friends in Brook & Logan. Blessings on them. And the cake was very special too. I love that you were able to share the goodness.

    ReplyDelete