Saturday, February 9, 2013

Birthdays and Babies!

Spoiler alert: There are gifts yet to be given pictured below. Don't look if you want to be surprised! 

I've been busy knitting, sewing, and crocheting, which is why I haven't been blogging.  Now it's time to share some of the things I've been working on so far.  I still have a couple of works in progress, but I'm almost there with those, too!  (I apologize a few of the pictures are a bit dark. I was in a rush and didn't set up proper lighting or edit them after...bad Katie!) 

Jade has an American Girl doll and she's been wanting more clothes.  Well that's right up my alley! I've been wanting to hone my crocheting skills a bit, so I set to work. I love the plethora of free patterns to be found online and the fact that I can keep them all organized on pinterest.  










Next I found the cuuuuutest little play house pattern online here and after making a few adjustments, I got to work.

Anywho, using fabric that I had on hand, I created some pretty wild little soft houses for some pretty special toddlers. Matching for Lael and Gwenna, boy-themed for Caleb. 


After knocking these out (and not without a few tears and ripped stitches), I moved on to making a quilt for a very special little boy who should be making his arrival very soon!  As a little brother, Gideon doesn't get much that's special to him.  In fact, mom-to-be Morgan said this was the first thing that she'd received that was just for Gideon.  (Complete with initial so it never gets confused). 


Next up was a set of dolly clothes for the babies' babies.  Auntie Lorna said she bought three new babies for her grands to play with, and of course I was thrilled to dig into my fabrics and create!  If you have seen things I've made for my niece and nephew, Ava and Noah, you'll recognize these prints.  As often happens, I got carried away and decided that they needed not only outfits, but jammies and diapers.  One thing I learned from Ava is that babies need spare diapers. You can't just take off a dirty diaper and then pretend it's clean again to put it back on (scoffs). 


No comments:

Post a Comment