Saturday, September 28, 2013

Third Trimester!

Today marks the day I'm officially in my third trimester, and I can honestly say this is the best I've felt all along.  Moreover, today has been a perfect autumn day.  

There's a chill in the air, which makes snuggling with my love a joy on this lazy morning. Then off he went to the grocery store, and I hopped in the shower. I got out to find a decaf Pumpkin Spice latte waiting for me on the counter.  It's truly the little things that remind me how much he loves me...like remembering that I'm trying to stick to decaf during this pregnancy!  Then husband made us delicious french toast for breakfast!  I am so, so blessed!  

We tag team cleaned the house, emptied the garbages, scrubbed two bathrooms, he cleaned the kitchen, did the laundry, and put away the groceries.  

Now it's 11:30, our home is spotless and cozy with candles burning.  He's watching football as I sit beside him, sipping British style tea, and writing...and feeling blessed beyond measure.  



Rain is falling steadily outside, and here we are, safe and snug in a home that we own, together, content, healthy, and joyful.  

Later today my mother-in-law and grandmother-in-law are coming to visit, and we're topping the evening off with one of our favorite little families, the Pecks.  Truly a wonderful day!  

Love, 

Katie
First day of the third trimester!

1 comment:

  1. This made me cry. I am just SO thankful that you are finally able to enjoy the wonderfulness of being pregnant. I LOVED this stage: being big enough that people KNOW you're with child, yet still able to do most anything you need or want to do (later, all things are not possible), really feeling the baby move ... LOVE it! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete