Saturday, October 12, 2013

Coury Kid Fall Photos Take Two!

So, if you read my previous post, you know our "fall photos" turned into Indian Summer photos.  It was a blast, but Sarah still really wanted some autumn photos of her 5 and 7 year old!  We headed to the Cedar River Trail, and...success!!  I love living in the Northwest with so much nature so close by!

Funny story, which leads up to the reason for the first pose...  I showed up at the Coury's ready to take fall pictures round two...  I knew something was up when I saw the look on Brian's face as he came to answer the door.  I walked in and the kids were in play clothes with Saturday hair in full effect...  Okay, something is definitely up.  Sarah was in full-on project mode.  This confirmed my suspicions.  Somehow they'd forgotten about our photo shoot.  Sure enough, when I talked to her she'd somehow missed getting it on her calendar - and if you know us, things don't exist if not on our calendars!  Well, we managed to persuade the kids that we'd be for real quick this time, and hustled them into clothes, did their hair, and popped them in the car while daddy went out to buy lunch.

Enter this first shot...  Some kids can be cute right on cue...some require preparation... Obviously we hadn't prepped Noah that he'd be having his picture taken and he needed a moment. I got the hand over the eyes 1 finger in my direction as I pulled out my camera -- his signal that he needs to pull himself together...  I love this little guy!  And I get it.

Sometimes you just need a moment!


Obviously that moment worked some magic and he was ready to go: 









Watch out mommy, they're coming for you! 


1 comment:

  1. OH. MY. GOODNESS!!! I LOVE these pictures. They're awesome, Katie!
    Sarah & Brian --- you make really cute kids.

    ReplyDelete