Saturday, October 12, 2013

My own Masterchef!

Date night in tonight, and it's one of my most favorite so far! My husband can cook!! And, for the record, I will never stop him from watching Masterchef again. I just have to brag on him in picture form! So proud of him! I am so richly blessed by him in so many ways!

I can't even begin (or end) saying how much Isaac impresses me when he puts his mind to something.  He is a force to be reckoned with when he is determined.  It's one of the many qualities I admire and love in him.  He went out and found a career when he found out I was pregnant.  He's rocked it, and is now able to provide for us above and beyond our needs.  He writes in a way that inspires more than just me.  He is gifted in so many ways.  Tonight he showed another previously dormant talent -- the man can cook (and woo a very pregnant wife!)!! 

To start, let's set the mood: He (unprompted) made the decision to create a date night in tonight.  He turned off football, lit a fire, made and brought me tea, and let me relax by the fire and read while listening to music.  In the meantime, he slaved in the kitchen making a truly gourmet meal for us.  He surprised me with such attention to detail such as setting the table with our special cloth napkins, lighting a candle, beautifully laid place settings, and putting each dish in one of our serving dishes we received for our wedding.  These lovely gifts make my heart so joyful each time we use them and I am reminded of our wedding and the generosity and love that was showered on us by friends and family. 

Now on to the meal itself.  He set out to make beef wellington after being inspired by an episode of Masterchef (Junior to be exact).  It was quite an undertaking to be sure.  If you've ever attempted (or watched someone attempt) beef wellington, you know it's an involved, meticulous process.  It goes far beyond simply following a recipe. It requires finesse and intuition.  

My first glimpse of what was to come!

Be still my beating heart!

A beautiful beef wellington! But is it done inside? 

Perfection!

My gourmet plate! So excited to dig in!
It was truly, truly delectable! It was a success in every aspect!
Homemade yukon potato mash, beef wellington, grilled asparagus. 

Surprise dessert!
Puff pastry with butterscotch and chocolate inside!
Light, flaky, warm, sweet but not too sweet, and just the right size.
Thank you, my love, for the beautiful evening and for loving me so well!  

No comments:

Post a Comment