Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Inadequate.



I struggle often times with feeling inadequate. It brings me to tears more often than not and brings my husband running to embrace me.  I am ever more thankful for him.  He knows me so well, even knowing each other such a short time.  God has truly orchestrated our romance and is guiding, protecting, and flourishing our marriage.  It is so much more than either of us could have expected or asked for it to be.  All glory to God.  We both readily admit we are fallen creatures in need of saving. 

The great thing about God is that we (I!) can come to him with my inadequacies and with His perfect love He, too, comes running and puts His perfect arms around me.  He calms my fears and assures me that I am perfected IN HIM.  He urges me to rest in Him and reassures me that in Him I am being glorified day by day.  “And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.” (Rm. 8:20).  In fact, in Christ the work is already complete.

I may be an imperfect, sometimes unloving, easily overwhelmed, selfish, and so many other things that make me feel inadequate as a wife and a child of God, but He is more than adequate. He is perfectly everything we need in abundance.  He is rich in the sense that He has so much He cannot help but give.

And so today I am clinging to the peace that comes from knowing that He loves me in my imperfect state. And that I have a husband that lovingly emulates Christ in his selfless love of me.  I am doubly blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment