Thursday, April 4, 2013

Oh, Anne!

I have days, like today, when all I want to do is curl up and watch Anne of Green Gables (hint for my birthday: I'd LOVE the DVDs).  Today's one of those days. I want to lose myself in the beauty of Anne's imagination, love, and sweetness. Her world is always dramatic and full, up or down, it's refreshing and joyful. How I long to have lived in a world where Anne was real and we were chums.  What a life that would have been!

But instead I live in reality, where I have nightmares all night, oversleep, ignore the whining dog, have to clean up poop from said whining dog (he was trying to warn me...), rush out of the door, get to work where I'm inundated with little tasks, it's gray outside, and quite frankly, I'm in a bit of a funk.

I've been listening to Anne's Theme over and over on my ipod as I'm sitting here eating my lunch. It takes me back to that most Anne-like moment of imagination coming true: I was dressed in all white on my Papa's arm, walking far too quickly up the aisle, smiling til my cheeks hurt, and focused on one man, my very own, real life Gilbert Blythe!  Oh, I DID feel as if I were in a fairy tale that day.

So while my life is not a storybook, it does have its moments, and at the end I'm grateful for each (mis)adventure, and ever more thankful that I get to go through them with my Jesus and my loving husband who points me to Jesus each and every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment