Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Introducing Lucy Margaret

Lucy Margaret was born on Sunday, December 22nd at 10:16pm via c-section after several days of long, hard labor.  She was 9 pounds, 14 ounces and 21 3/4 inches long.  She was worth every bit of it!



What's in a name?  We thought long and hard about what to name our little girl.  We discussed so many names, tried them out in conversations at home, prayed over them, wrote them out, threw them out, and started over again.  Early on I suggested Lucy, but Isaac vetoed it...  Later I suggested it again, around 8 months in when we still didn't have a name, and he really liked it.  I liked it for my favorite character in the Chronicles of Narnia, which I had just finished re-reading.  Additionally, one of my top three favorite authors is L.M. Montgomery (Lucy Maud) who wrote the Anne of Green Gables Series.



Lucy quickly became our favorite first name, but what about a middle name?  We scoured name lists, our brains, our families for a middle name.  We knew it had to be at least two syllables.  It wasn't until the week or two before we had baby girl that we came up with Margaret as we were listing off family names. I suggested Margaret (for my mom), and Isaac immediately said "yes!" -- it was his maternal grandmother's name.  We talked it over for the next couple weeks and on the Thursday I first felt I might be in labor, I wanted to make sure we had a name. We agreed that Lucy Margaret was just right. It was classic, we couldn't come up with any bad nicknames from it, but we did think up a few cute ones -- like Lu Lu or Lu Lu Bear.

Hangin' out with mama
Daddy supplementing Lucy with a bottle during her first week. 

And in case you wondered who she looks like...she definitely favors her mama in the nose, mouth, and dimples! :)



Sweetest little sleeper! 
Sleepy smiles

Looking so big!

She loves her daddy!!

She keeps us laughing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment