Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day Weekend

Mother's Day weekend came and Isaac's parents were in town.  Isaac asked me if spending the day with his extended family was how I wanted to spend my Mother's Day; he offered to do anything I wanted for the day.  My reaction was instantly, "of course!"  I got to thinking about it later, and realized that what makes my Mother's Day special is to spend the day with Isaac and Lucy as a family unit.  Since he had the whole month of May off, it's been an entire month of Mother's Days. I was happy to share my Loves with the family (and find joy in their presence).  

It's truly been a gift having such time to spend together, just the three (and sometimes just the two) of us, but that's a topic for another post.  

Gramps and Grams came into town, so we came over on Saturday to spend some time relaxing and catching up with them.  The weather was just beautiful and we passed the afternoon in GG Nancy's courtyard. 



Food: the key to Lucy's heart! 

Sunday we combined all the May birthdays with Mother's Day into one big celebration.  Bob and Patty, Luke, Bob and Barb, descended on the McPhees staying at GG Nancy's and ate and drank, laughed, and chatted to our hearts' contents.

Lucy particularly loves her Great Uncle Bob!  He's always willing to walk around (and around and around) with her as she examines each flower and stone around GG's house.


First skinned knees

Bandaids don't make this girl feel better, but a snuggle with mama does! 

Luke is a great uncle! 

"You're Only Old Once!" Sharing the wisdom of Dr. Seuss with Gramps


Birthday hugs for Great Aunt Patty
My dearest Lucy!  She is the reason I am celebrated on Mother's Day. I couldn't ask for a better introduction to motherhood than being blessed to have her in my life to love, teach, play with, and pray over.  She's a spitfire and a social butterfly. She's so like me, yet 

She's a hot mess, but she's MY hot mess! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment