Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Spontaneous Snow Day!

Isaac suggested that we take Lucy on a trip to see the snow.  The day was perfect: MOPS in the morning, nap, SNOW!  It was a great plan with one fatal flaw: we told her we were taking her to the snow before her nap.  Naturally, she did not nap.  It worked out well, though, because we got there at the warmest point of the afternoon.  

Lucy does well in the car -- for about 20 minutes, then the requests start rolling in: she "needs" Elsa ("Let it Go" on the stereo), she "needs" to eat, she needs to be out of the car, basically.  To keep her busy, we have a boogie board that lives in the car for such occasions. It usually buys us about 20 minutes of happy toddler, which may not seem like much, but is an eternity in toddler-land. 

Just look at that concentration!
Color, comment, erase: repeat. 



Trying to find "snow clothes" when seven months pregnant is not the easiest.  Lucy was born in December, and I was working full-time, so my wardrobe consisted of dresses and pajamas for the last couple of months. ha! I wanted a picture before I put on my "Michelin Man pants" and too small jacket -- quite the juxtaposition!

Checking to make sure I was following them. 

She wasn't as keen on posing for this picture as mama was to take it. haha! Oh well! 

Dearest LuLu, this is snow.  It's cold, slippery, beautiful, and SO FUN in small doses!


This picture makes my heart sing!  The daddy-daughter moment, experiencing snow together, and then that SHADOW! Heart. Melt. 

Apparently the ski runs are closed on Mondays-Tuesdays at Snoqualmie.  Perfect! 



Mama will always drop everything for a snuggle! 

Big pants, tiny jacket, HAPPY girls! 



When you don't have a sled, you improvise and realize your ski pants are quite slippery! 

Why run after your independent toddler when you can SLIDE? 



Girl is all about the puddle stomping! 


I turned my back for two seconds. TWO. SECONDS.
Clearly whipped cream was too much temptation! 


How can I refuse this face? 

He has my heart. My whole heart. 

Dear hand, you spoiled the best shot of the day! Oh well!  Love adventuring with him!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment