Thursday, October 27, 2016

Malcolm's First Foods



Over the last couple of weeks we've had several conversations that went something like this: 

Isaac: "When are we starting him on solid food?" 
Me: "He's just a baaabyyyy" (snuggles Malcolm in close)
Isaac: "I think he's ready"
Me: "He's my baby!"
(Malcolm tries to redirect my spoon to HIS mouth as I'm holding him at dinner, cries when I eat the bite he had his eye on)
Me: "The doctor said we could wait until he's six months old. He just turned five months..."
(Malcolm crying and reaching for our dinners)
Isaac: "Yeah...  You see that he's ready though, right?" 

Finally broke down and listened to the men in my life... I give you: Malcolm's first solid food:

"Whatcha got there, mama?" 


"Allow me to help you out here, mama"
"It goes right in here, ma"


"Here, mom. I got this!"




Second experience with solids went at least as well as the first:

Give. me. the. foooooood.


I'd say he's a fan of sweet potatoes! 


"But...WHY IS ALL THE SQUASH GONE?" 


No, REALLY! WHY. IS. THE FOOD. GONE?!
And this is where we are now: 
"It's cool, mom. Take your time. Meantime,  I'll just feed myself." 

Too many solids too fast (he wants half a cup at a time) called for prunes.  Grossly effective.
Note to self: next time mix a tablespoon of prunes into a half cup of oatmeal!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment