Monday, June 22, 2015

Lucy is 18 -- Months, that is!

I'm a little late in posting this, but my little lady is a full year and a half old now, with personality (read: sass) to match.

Stats:

Height: 32.5 inches
Weight: 23.25 pounds
Head: 19 inches

"Hey Lucy, look at mama"
Lucy: "no....no, no, no"
Sassafrass! 










Her dearest love and constant companion: "Daaaaa" aka Giraffe
We had her 18 month checkup and she's hitting all her milestones, like talking, pretending, coloring, following directions, and climbing.  She jabbers all day long and is very social.  She greets all our neighbors in the complex whenever she sees them, even if it's from our third story balcony.  She especially loves other kids, who she calls "bebe" without fail (we're working on them being "kids" since most of them are older than her).

Height: 32.5 inches (75th percentile)
Weight: 23.25 pounds (60th percentile)
Head: 19 inches (90-95th percentile) -- sorry kid, you got the McComb head!

Still my sweet baby.
I still find myself breathing in her sweet scented head everyday.
She fills me with such JOY.

Lucy is enthralled by shoes and can spend twenty minutes at a time, or more, putting them on and taking them off.  She doesn't like help, but given enough time, she can get most any shoe on her foot by herself.  So far she willingly accepts help if we tell her we're going somewhere (editor's note: that all came to an end July 3rd, but I'm dating this back to her half-birthday for record keeping).



Lucy has discovered the words "no" and "my" (mine), and uses them in heavy rotation in our house.  Often she gets ahead of herself and answers "no" before really thinking about what she really wants/doesn't want.  If I ask her to do anything, it's "no"; but if we ask her about anything it's "yeaaaah." "Are you pretty? Are you crazy? Are you blue?" "Yeah!"

She has 9 teeth; we're still waiting on her fourth molar and her lower side teeth, then hopefully we'll get a bit of a break before the canines make their appearance.

She has a need to be naked, and does really well with not having accidents in the house.  She will pee if there's water, though, so we have to watch her around the kiddie pool out on our deck and if we strip her down before she goes into the bathroom to take a bath.  We're introducing the ideas of potty training and making it a part of our conversation with her.  One of the benefits of cloth diapering is that we flush her poopies, so we've started letting her flush the toilet and talking about poopies belonging in the potty.  We're introducing these ideas slowly and will continue to follow her cues on advancing.  She's peed a couple of times on her diaper when it was laying open on the floor (she did the squat and piddle), and so we've been talking about pee pee going on the diaper if she's naked. She likes to try for us.

No diaper, no problem!  Running laps around the house.


This girl loves her accessories!



Cloth diaper and baby keens


Work those arms! Running, Lucy style

My baby got her first haircut! I have to admit, I was a little misty-eyed, but it was time.  I knew I could do it, but I decided to wait and let Nana trim it up just to be safe -- she's got a lot of experience and she wasn't afraid to cut off a good bit from the top. 




She can stack blocks and sort them now.  The stacking I'd seen, but the sorting caught me by surprise as I was filming her the other night.  My determined girl!  She has some of her daddy's and auntie's seriousness, but I'm afraid she has my flash temper: happy and busy, happy and busy, ANGRY, happy and busy, SAD.  Oh my, sweet girl, mama understands!  I wish I could share the video of her stacking and then sorting, but she was naked and I try to keep that stuff off of the web.




No comments:

Post a Comment